After being confimed as Montenegro’s Eurovision 2022 participant earlier today, Vladana Vučinić has revealed that she has been working with North Macedonian singer-songwriter and producer Darko Dimitrov on her Eurovision entry.
Vladana was born in July 1986 in Titograd. She began her singing career in 2003 with the release of her debut single. Vladana has released songs in both Montenegrin and English, with her most popular being “Sinner City”. Aside from singing, Vladana has ventured in to other things, most notably journalism, with a degree from Montenegro’s State Faculty of Political Science
Vladana has previous experience performing on television and in concerts and festivals. She performed her debut single at the Budva Festival in 2003, and has performed at pop music festival Sunčane Skale. She has even attempted to represent Montenegro at Eurovision in 2005 and 2006.
Who is Darko Dimitrov?
Darko is a North Macedonian record producer, singer-songwriter and record executive from Skopje. He has worked with a whole host of singers from the Balkan region, racking up over 500 million views on YouTube in the process.
Darko is no stranger to Eurovision, having previously worked with no less that 11 Eurovision artists from the Balkan region since 2006.
- “Ninananja” – Elena Risteska – North Macedonia 2006
- “Pred da se razdeni” – Esma & Lozano – North Macedonia 2013
- “To The Sky” – Tijana Dapčević – North Macedonia 2014
- “I’m Alive” – Elhaida Dani – Albania 2015
- “Lost and Found” – Eye Cue – North Macedonia 2018
- “Nova Deca” – Sanja Ilić & Balkanika – Serbia 2018
- “Kruna” – Nevena Bozović – Serbia 2019
- “Fall From The Sky” – Arilena Ara – Albania 2020
- “You” – Vasil Garvanilev – North Macedonia 2020
- “Loco Loco” – Hurricane – Serbia 2021
What are your thoughts on Vladana Vučinić being crowned Montenegro’s Eurovision 2022 representative? What are you expecting from her song? Let us know in the comments below!