Tonight, the final of Melodifestivalen and Festival da Canção takes place.
Both Sweden and Portugal are the last two countries to chose their entries for Eurovision 2023 as this years national final season comes to an end tonight.
After tonight, there are just a handful of Eurovision 2023 songs to be released, and then we will have our official line-up for this years contest ahead of pre-party season starting in April.
After four heats and one semi final, we finally have the 12 finalists of Melodifestivalen 2023, and are one step closer to finding the nation’s Eurovision 2023 representative.
Jesper Rönndahl and Farah Abadi will be hosting the 12 finalists at Friends Arena in Stockholm from 20:00 CET. The results will be decided bu 50% televote and 50% international jury vote.
The international jury consists of members from eight countries – Australia, Austria, Belgium, Croatia, Germany, Latvia, Malta and Spain.
- Jon Henrik Fjällgren, Arc North feat. Adam Woods – “Where You Are (Sávežan)”
- Tone Sekelius – “Rhythm of My Show”
- Mariette – “One Day”
- Marcus & Martinus – “Air”
- Panetoz – “On My Way”
- Maria Sur – “Never Give Up”
- Smash Into Pieces – “Six Feet Under”
- Kiana – “Where Did You Go”
- Nordman – “Släpp alla sorger”
- Loreen – “Tattoo”
- Theoz – “Mer av dig”
- Paul Rey – “Royals”
Portugal: Festival da Canção
Portugal are ready to chose their Eurovision 2023 representative tonight as Festival da Canção 2023 draws to a close.
A total of 13 acts have qualified from the two semi finals, with the 13th and final act advancing due to technical errors during the voting in semi final one.
Filomena Cautela, Vasco Palmeirim and Inês Lopes Gonçalves will take us through the final of Festival da Canção 2023 that will crown its winner through 50% televote and 50% jury vote.
- Cláudia Pascoal – “Nasci Maria” (I was born Maria)
- Churky – “Encruzilhada” (Crossroads)
- Esse Povo – “Sapatos de Cimento” (Cement shoes)
- Bárbara Tinoco – “Goodnight”
- You Can’t Win, Charlie Brown – “Contraste Mudo” (Mute contrast)
- Voodoo Marmalade – “Tormento” (Torture)
- Inês Apenas – “Fim do Mundo” (The end of the world)
- Mimicat – “Ai Coração” (Oh heart)
- Dapunksportif – “World Needs Therapy”
- NEON SOHO – “Endless World”
- Ivandro – “Povo” (People)
- Edmundo Inácio – “A Festa” (The party)
- SAL – “Viver” (To Live)
Are you excited for Melodifestivalen and Festival da Canção? Which are your favourite acts and songs from tonight’s shows? Let us know in the comments below!
Photo credit: SVT / Alma Bengtsson