Yesterday, the 2021 Academy Awards, otherwise known as the Oscars, took place in Los Angeles, California. One of the categories was the Best Original Song category, in which Husavik by Molly Sandén & Will Ferrell was nominated in the category. Many Eurovision and non-Eurovision fans may recognise the song from the Will Ferrell movie Eurovision Song Contest: The Story of Fire Saga.
Unfortunately, Husavik didn’t win Best Orginal Song at the Oscars this year. That accolade went to Fight for You by H.E.R from the movie Judas and the Black Messiah. The full nomination list can be seen below:
- “Fight for You” from Judas and the Black Messiah (m: D’Mile & H.E.R; lyrics: H.E.R & Tiara Thomas)
- “Husavik” from Eurovision Song Contest: The Story of Fire Saga (music & lyrics: Rickard Göransson, Fat Max Gsus & Savan Kotecha)
- “lo si (Seen)” from The Life Ahead (music: Diane Warren; lyrics: Laura Pausini & Diane Warren)
- “Speak Now” from One Night in Miami… (music & lyrics: Sam Ashworth & Leslie Odom Jr.)
- “Hear My Voice” from The Trial of Chicago 7 (music: Daniel Pemberton; lyrics: Celeste & Daniel Pemberton)
Molly Sandén shone bright from Husavik singing her song at the Oscars
Despite not winning the award, that didn’t stop Molly Sandén from having her shining moment in the Oscars this year. She gave a spectacular live performance of Husavik from the place where the title of the song originated from alongside a choir of local school girls. She, alongside the 4 other nominees, performed their songs live in the Oscars pre-show on Sunday night.
What did you think of Molly Sandén’s performance? Tell us what you think below.
Photo: ORLY ORLYSON/A.M.P.A.S. VIA GETTY IMAGES
Video: Taken from Melodi Pack Youtube channel