Sheldon Riley has won Eurovision - Australia Decides and will represent Australia in Turin with their song 'Not The Same'!
11 artists took part in today’s show, taking place in the Gold Coast Convention, Exhibition Centre. As always, the hosts were Joel Creasey and Myf Warhurst, while Dylan Lewis was in charge of the Green room.
The results were as followed:
- Sheldon Riley – “Not The Same” (100 points)
- Voyager – “Dreamer” (97 points)
- Jaguar Jonze – “Little Fires” (91 points)
- Charley – “I Suck At Being Lonely” (63 points)
- G-Nat!on – “Bite Me” (56 points)
- Paulini – “We Are One” (52 points)
- Andrew Lambrou – “Electrify” (51 points)
- Jude York – “I Won’t Need to Dream” (47 points)
- Erica Padilla – “To The Bottom” (45 points)
- Isaiah Firebrace & Evie Irie – “When I’m With You” (45 points)
- Seann Miley Moore – “My Body” (23 points)
The results were decided by a 50/50 split of jury votes and public votes. Jaguar Jonze won the jury vote while Voyager were the public’s favourite. Sheldon Riley scored 50 points with both the jury and the public, coming 2nd in both. The most polarising entry appeared to be G-Nat!on with their song “Bite Me” as it came last in the jury vote with 11 points while placing 3rd in the public vote with 45 points.
The show also featured performances from Norway 2019 artist Keiino with their song “Spirit In The Sky” and their new single “On A Night Like This”. Also, Australia 2020 and 2021 artist Montaigne performed “Technicolour” and her new single with David Byrne “Always Be You”.
Sheldon Riley will be the 7th act to represent Australia at Eurovision, who will be looking to get their nation back into the final after Australia failed to qualify for the first time last year in Rotterdam.
What did you think of today’s show? Are you happy with Australia’s choice? Let us know in the comments below!