Finish broadcaster Yle have announced the seven artists competing in Finland's national final Uuden Musiikin Kilpailu 2023.
The artists were revealed this morning across all UMK social media pages, the participants and song titles are:
- Robin Packalen – “Girls Like You”
- Portion Boys – “Samaa taivasta katsotaan” (We look at the same sky)
- KUUMAA – “Ylivoimainen” (Overpowered)
- Käärijä – “Cha Cha Cha”
- Keira – “No Business On The Dancefloor”
- Lxandra – “Something to Lose”
- Benjamin – “Hoida mut” (Take care of me)
The participating songs will now be revealed on the UMK YouTube channel over the next week. The schedule for releases is:
- January 12 – Keira
- January 13 – Benjamin
- January 16 – Robin Packalen
- January 17 – Lxandra
- January 18 – Käärijä
- January 19 – KUUMAA
- January 20 – Portion Boys
The live final will take place on February 25 at Logomo, Turku, hosted by Samu Haber. Like recent years, the winner will be decided through a combination of 25% jury votes and 75% televotes. Last year, The Rasmus won UMK with the song “Jezebel“. They managed to qualify for the final, finishing in 21st for Finland.
What do you think of the line up for UMK? Who would you like to see represent Finland at Eurovision 2023 in Liverpool? Let us know in the comments below!