84 songs have been submitted for the 2023 edition of Selecţia Naţională.
Romanian broadcaster TVR have confirmed that they have received a total of 84 submissions for the upcoming Selecţia Naţională in 2023. This number is down from the latest edition in 2022, when 94 songs were submitted.
Between December 14th and December 16th, a jury panel made up of seven members, will listen to and evaulate all of the submissions, and will chose 12 songs to compete in the Selecţia Naţională 2023 final. The jury panel is made up of experienced professionals.
- Sebastian Ferenţ – Music Director of the Untold and Neversea Festivals
- Laura Coroianu – Co-founder of Emagic, one of the first and biggest organizers of concerts and musical events in Romania
- Bogdan Stratula – one of the most experienced radio and television program directors in Romania
- John Varbiu – Founder and Booking & Artist Hospitality Manager of the Summer Well Festival
- Alin Vaida – Founder and Music Director of the Jazz in the Park Festival
- Mihai Predescu – Head of the Romanian delegation for Eurovision 2023
- The director of the project, who will be chosen following the internal and external competition of directorial projects
On December 19th, the 12 acts and their songs songs that have been chosen to advance to the Selecţia Naţională final are expected to be published by the broadcaster.
The final of Selecţia Naţională 2023 will take place on Saturday, 11th February at the Romanian Television Studios in Bucharest. The show will be available to watch live on television and online.
As was confirmed in November 2022, the winner of Selecţia Naţională 2023 will be decided by 100% televote for the first time in history, and no jury vote will be used in the final.
Are you excited for Selecţia Naţională 2023? Which Romanian acts would you like to see in Selecţia Naţională? Let us know in the comments below!