For the first time ever, the Ukrainian public will be able to chose the jury members that will be part of the country's national final for Junior Eurovision 2022.
The voting window for the jury members opens today (August 30th) and will remain open until September 6th. You can vote here. There are a total of 10 people that you can chose from – all of whom are Ukrainian singers and songwriters.
The three candidates who receive the most number of votes will be invited to sign an agreement with Suspline Ukraine to become official jury members. In the event that they cannot sign this agreement, the fourth highest candidate will sign and become a jury member. The three jury members will be announced once they have all signed the agreement.
- Anzhelika Rudnytska – singer, television anchor and painter
- Darina Krasnovetska – Ukrainian Junior Eurovision 2018 representative
- Khrystyna Soloviy – singer/songwriter
- KRUTЬ – singer and composer. Vidbir 2020 finalist
- Mykhailo Klymenko – songwriter, composer, musical producer and frontman of ADAM band
- Myroslava Salii – singing teacher and lead singer of the group Pravytsia
- Serhii Kein – musical journalist, publicist and consultant to performers and brands
- Sofia Ivanko – Ukrainian Junior Eurovision 2019 representative
- Tonya Matvienko – singer, runner of The Voice in 2011
- Vlad Darwin – songwriter, performer and producer. Initiated #ThePowerOfHopeUkraine project with Eurovision stars
Mykola Chernotytskyi, Head of Suspilne Managing Board, explains the reasons why the broadcaster decided to allow the public to chose the jury members:
“This year, we added an opportunity to vote for the jury members of the Junior Eurovision national selection. The three selected members will not merely evaluate the young talents. Their professional assessment will decide which song will represent Ukraine on the international stage. The viewers’ voting is always a challenging and very responsible part of contests. We initiate such voting at Suspilne for the first time and hope that such viewers’ engagement in the Eurovision selection will make a good tradition.”
What are your thoughts on the broadcaster allowing the public to chose their jury members? Which three candidates do you think will become the official jury members? Let us know in the comments below!