Tonight sees a total of five shows, with two countries chosing their entry for Eurovision 2023.
Finland and San Marino will be chosing their Eurovision 2023 entries tonight, whilst Melodifestivalen and Söngvakeppnin continue, and Festival da Canção begins with semi final 1.
The fourth and final heat of Melodifestivalen 2023 takes place tonight from Malmö Arena at 20:00 CET, hosted by Jesper Rönndahl and Farah Abadi. Seven acts will be competing for the last two direct places in the final. The results will be decided by 100% televote / app vote.
- Kiana – “Where Did You Go”
- Signe & Hjördis – “Edelweiss“
- Smash Into Pieces – “Six Feet Under”
- Mariette – “One Day”
- Emil Henrohn – “Mera mera mera“
- Axel Schylström – “Gorgeous”
- Loreen – “Tattoo”
Finland: Uuden Musiikin Kilpailu (UMK)
Tonight’s the night for Finland as they are set to chose their song and singer for Eurovision 2023. The show will be hosted live by Samu Haber from 20:00 CET in events centre Logomo in Turku.
Seven acts will be competing. The final results will be determined by 25% international jury vote and 75% televote. The jury is made up of members from: Australia, Germany, Poland, Spain, Sweden, United Kingdom and Ukraine.
- Robin Packalen – “Girls Like You“
- KUUMMA – “Ylivoimainen” (Overpowered)
- Käärijä – “Cha Cha Cha“
- Keira – “No Business on the Dancefloor“
- Benjamin – “Hoida mut” (Take care of me)
- Lxandra – “Something to Lose“
- Portion Boys – “Samaa taivasta katsotaan” (We look at the same sky)
Söngvakeppnin continues in Iceland with semi final 2, hosted by Unnsteinn Manuel Stefánsson, Ragnhildur Steinunn Jónsdóttir and Sigurður Þorri Gunnarsson.
A further five acts will be competing for a further two places in the final. The results will be decided by 100% televoting.
- Kristín Sesselja – “Óbyggðir“
- Langi Seli og Skuggarnir – “OK”
- Silja Rós & Kjalar – “Ég styð þína braut“
- Úlfar – “Betri maður“
- Sigga Ózk – “Gleyma þér og dansa“
Una Voce Per San Marino
After a mammoth selection consisting of four semi finals and one second chance round, San Marino is finally ready to chose their entry for Eurovision 2023.
The show will be hosted by San Marino’s Eurovision 2011, 2020 and 2021 representative, Senhit, live from Teatro Nuovo in Dogana. 22 acts will be competing in the final which consists of 16 semi final qualifiers, four second chance qualifiers and two pre qualified finalists.
The finalists include acts from various countries across the world, including Australia Decides act Alfie Accuri and Italian eurodance group, Eiffel 65. Albania’s Eurovision 2022 representative, Ronela has made the second chance round.
The winner will be decided by 100% jury vote. The show will be broadcast live from 21:00 CET, and can be viewed on sanmarinotv.sm.
Portugal: Festival da Canção
Festival da Canção 2023 begins tonight with semi final 1, in which we will see ten acts competing. Tânia Ribas de Oliveira, José Carlos Malato and Inês Lopes Gonçalves will be hosting the show live from RTP Studio 1 in Lisbon.
A total of six acts will qualify to the final. In the first round of voting, the top five acts from 50% televote and 50% jury will advance to the final. In the second round of voting, 100% televoting will determine one more act to advance to the final.
- MOYAH – “Too Much Sauce”
- Bolha – “Sonhos de Liberdade” (Dreams of freedom)
- April Ivy – “Modo Voo” (Flight Mode)
- Churky – “Encruzilhada” (Crossroads)
- Cláudia Pascoal – “Nasci Maria” (I was born Maria)
- SAL – “Viver” (To Live)
- Mimicat – “Ai Coração” (Oh heart)
- You Can’t Win Charlie Brown – “Contraste Mudo” (Mute contrast)
- NEON SOHO – “Endless World”
- Esse Povo – “Sapatos de Cimento” (Cement shoes)
You can watch the show live on RTP 1 and RTP International. You can also watch the show on the RTP app on Android and iOS.
Are you excited for tonight? Which shows are you most looking forward to watching? Let us know in the comments below!