After confirming their Eurovision 2022 participation back in April, and launching the search for jury members to select their song for next years contest, the Swiss broadcaster SRF have now announced details of their selection process. The European nation will once again be using an internal selection process for a third year running.
Artists, lyricists, producers and songwriters can submit songs to the broadcaster between September 1st and September 15th. Once the submissions window closes, a 100-person audience panel, along with a 20 member expert jury, will decide which song and artist that will be representing Switzerland in Eurovision 2022. The final decision will be decided by a mix of 50% audience panel and 50% expert jury.
Alongside news of their selection process for Eurovision 2022, the Swiss broadcaster has also provided the regulations, terms and conditions for the selection process. The full list can be found here.
- The Swiss broadcasters are looking for a contemprary and striking song that complies with international requirements and which has a strong, clear and understandable message.
- Songs must be submitted with an audio file to the official SRG SSR platform at srf.ch/eurovision
- Each song must be uploaded by the copyright holder/s of the song. Each copyright holder/s can submit a maximum of five songs, which must not exceed three minutes.
- The lyrics of the songs can be in any language.
- Once a song has been submitted, it cannot be withdrawn.
What kind of song would you like Switzerland to send to Eurovision 2022? Do you think they will send another power ballad? Let us know what you think in the comments below!