Speaking to Songfestival Weblog, Dutch broadcaster AVROTROS has revealed the members of the selection committee that will be in charge of choosing Jeangu Macrooy’s song for Eurovision 2021. It will be the same committee that chose his 2020 entry. The Netherlands have used a selection committee for choosing their Eurovision songs every year since 2013.
- Coen Swijnenberg – radio DJ
- Cornald Maas – Eurovision commentator
- Eric van Staade – AVROTROS director
- Jan Smit – singer, Eurovision commentator and host for 2020 and 2021
- Jeangu Macrooy
- Joyce Hoedelmans – AVROTROS member
- Sander Lantinga – radio DJ
Jeangu was internally selected to represent The Netherlands on home soil in Rotterdam 2020, after Duncan Laurence brought the contest back to The Netherlands for the first time since 1980. After the cancellation of the contest, it was confirmed that Jeangu would be returning in 2021.
Are you looking forward to hearing Jeangu’s song? What kind of song would you like him to sing in Rotterdam? Let us know in the comments below!