Albanian broadcaster RTSH has revealed the 18 finalists of the 59th Festivali i Këngës, who will be battling it out for the honour of representing Albania at the 2021 Eurovision Song Contest due to be held in Rotterdam next May. The first semi final was held last night, December 21, and the second acoustic semi final is due to take place tonight, December 22 and the Grand Final tomorrow, December 23.
Festivali i Këngës 58 winner Arilena Ara was due to represent Albania at the 2020 Eurovision Song Contest with Fall From The Sky, but due to the ongoing pandemic the contest was subsequently cancelled. RTSH chose to continue their long-running selection Festivali i Këngës and select their participant for the 2021 Eurovision Song Contest via the 59th edition of the national final.
Who are the 18 finalists?
- Orgesa Zaimi – Valixhja e kujtimeve
- Festina Mejzini – Kush je ti dashuri
- Devis Xherahu – Peng
- Inis Neziri – Pendesë
- Florent Boshnjaku – Vajzë
- Sardi Strugaj – Kam me t’ba me kajt
- Gjergj Kaçinari – Më jep jetë
- Rosela Gjylbegu – Vashëzo
- Kastro Zizo – Vallja e jetës
- Wendi Mancaku – Vesi i shpirti tim
- Evi Reçi – Tjerr
- Xhesika Polo – Më mbron
- Anxhela Peristeri – Karma
- Era Rusi – Zjarri im
- Gigliola Haveriku – E lirë
- Viktor Tahiraj – Nënë
- Kamela Islamaj – Kujtimet s’kanë formë
- Mirud – Nëse vdes
Who’s your favourite to win Festivali i Këngës this year? Let us know in the comments below or on our social media!