Theodor Andrei has won 'Selecția Națională 2023' and will represent Romania in Liverpool with their song "D.G.T. (Off and On)"!
The show took place at TVR Studio Pangrati in Bucharest, hosted by Ilinca Băci and Laurențiu Niculescu. The winner was decided through 100% televoting.
The running order was as follows:
- Deiona – “Call on Me”
- Andrada Popa – “No Time for Me”
- Ocean Drive – “Take You Home”
- AMIA – “Puppet”
- Andrei Duţu – “Statues”
- Theodor Andrei – “D.G.T. (Off and on)”
- Steven Roho x Gabriella x Formaţia Albatros – “Lele”
- Aledaida – “Bla Bla Bla”
- Adriana Moraru – “Faralaes”
- Maryliss – “Hai Vino” (Come on)
- JaxMan (Erin Dăneţ) – “Bad & Cool”
- Andreea D Folclor Orchestra – “Periniţa mea” (My little girl)
Theodor Andrei won with 5230 votes, Andreea D Folclor Orchestra came in 2nd place while Andrei Duţu came in 3rd.
Despite never winning the contest, Romania have had much success at Eurovision over the years. Their best result was a 3rd place finish in 2010 with Paula Selling and Ovi and their song “Playing With Fire“. They even had a 100% qualification record to the final until 2018, when they then failed to qualify from the semi finals for three consecutive contests. That streak was broken was last year WRS reached 18th place in the final with his song “Llámame“.
What you do think of Romania’s choice? How will Romania do at Eurovision 2023 in Liverpool? Let us know in the comments below!