The Norwegian broadcaster, NRK, has just revealed the first 10 artists set to participate in this year’s Melodi Grand Prix, Norway’s national selection process. Four of these songs will be competing in Semi Final 1 on Saturday. Their songs have also been released. The four artists competing in Semi Final 1 are:
- Beady Belle – Playing With Fire
- Blåsemafian – Let Loose
- Jorn – Fate Bloody Fate
- Stina Talling – Elevate
These songs are available to listen to on available streaming platforms.
On top of that, 6 other artists and song titles have also been released. These songs have pre-qualified to the final and each of them will showcase their song in 1 semi final each. Their songs will be released the day before their respective semi final. Some of these artists may include some artists you may recognise. These 6 artists are:
- KEiiNO – Monument (Will perform in Semi Final 1 on January 16th, song released January 15th)
- TIX – Ut Av Mørket (Will perform on Semi Final 1 on January 16th, song released January 15th)
- Stavangerkameratene – Barndomsgater (Will perform on Semi Final 2 on January 23rd, song released January 22nd)
- Kaja Rode – Feel Again (Will perform in Semi Final 3 on January 30th, song released January 29th)
- Atle Pettersen – World on Fire (Will perform in Semi Final 4 on February 6th, song released February 5th)
- Rein Alexander – Eyes Wide Open (Will perform on Semi Final 5 on February 13th, song released February 12th)
There will be 26 artists in total taking part in this year’s competition. The artists competing in Semi Final 2 will be revealed next Monday, so stay tuned!
Norway in Eurovision
Norway joined the Eurovision family in 1960, and has appeared in 58 contests ever since, only missing the 1970 and 2002 contests. Norway has won the contest three times, in 1985 with La Det Swinge, 10 years later, in 1995, Secret Garden took the trophy home with Nocturne. Norway’s most recent winner is Alexander Rybak, who won the contest in 2009 with his song Fairytale. Norway has finished in the top 5 on 11 occasions, but they also finished last on 11 occasions, with the latest being in 2012 with Tooji’s Stay. Some of Norway’s most memorable entries include I Feed You My Love (2013), A Monster Like Me (2015) and Spirit in the Sky (2019). Ulrikke was selected to represent Norway in 2020, before the contest got cancelled.
Which artists are you excited about the most? Tell us in the comments below!