Latvian Public Broadcaster (LTV) has confirmed the return of Supernova to chose its representative.
Since 2015, the show has served as the nation’s national selection. All of these artists were Supernova winners and represented Latvia in Eurovision:
- 2022: Citi Zēni – “Eat Your Salad”
- 2020: Samanta Tīna – “Still Breathing”
- 2019: Carousel – “That Night”
- 2018: Laura Rizzotto – “Funny Girl”
- 2017: Triana Park – “Line”
- 2016: Justs – “Heartbeat”
- 2015: Aminata – “Love Injected”
The final of the competition will take place in February 2023, and as usual, the winner will represent Latvia at Eurovision. The song submission window will open on September 22nd, and close on December 1st. The final songs will be revealed in January.
Debuting in 2000, Latvia has participated in all editions of the contest since its debut, but has failed to qualify for the finals since 2016. In the last edition, the country was represented by Citi Zēni with the song “Eat Your Salad”, who only got 14th place with 55 points.
Will the next representative bring the country back to the final? Let us know what you think in the comments below!