We are more than 6 months away from Sanremo 2023 but the cogs of the Italian festival are already in motion.
Just before Eurovision 2022 took place, Amadeus, the presenter and artistic director of the last three editions, announced that Sanremo 2023 is going to be held from the 7th to the 11th of February 2023.
- Sanremo is confirmed to be the Italian National Final for Eurovision.
- As in 2022, there are going to be 25 artists competing in the contest, three of them coming from Sanremo Giovani (which will be held in December). These young artists will have to present a different song at the main contest.
- The names of the competing artist can be announced starting from the 3rd December 2022, but no official date has been set yet.
- On the first and second nights, only media juries will be allowed to vote. Televotes and the demoscopic jury votes will be counted on the third night. On the final night, votes from all three categories will be allowed.
- The 4th night will be dedicated to covers and duets.
The competing singers will have to choose a song between Italian and international successes from the 60s, 70s, 80s and 90s, to be performed with a non-competing artist.
Which Italian artist would you like to see competing in Sanremo, and possibly in Eurovision? Let us know in the comments!