Changes in the voting for Sanremo 2021 have been announced by Italy’s broadcaster RAI before festival starts. The voting will be 100 % public voting in the final night of the first round of Sanremo 2021.
The program of the 71st Sanremo Festival, and how the voting will take place every night, is as follows:
TUESDAY, MARCH 2, 2021
– The first 13 songs of “Campioni” are heard for the first time. The result is determined by a 100% poll jury.
– The first 4 songs of “Nuove Proposte” will be heard for the first time. The result is determined by 50% jury and 50% remote voting. Only the top 2 qualify for the final.
WEDNESDAY, MARCH 3, 2021
– The remaining 13 songs of “Campioni” will be heard for the first time. The result is determined by 100% poll jury.
– The last 4 songs of “Nuove Proposte” will be heard for the first time. The result is determined by 50% jury and 50% remote voting. Only the top 2 qualify for the final.
THURSDAY, MARCH 4, 2021
– Cover Night: The 26 artists in “Campioni” will perform a cover of a famous Italian song, with a guest artist. The result on this day is determined 100% by the musicians and singers of the orchestra.
FRIDAY, MARCH 5, 2021
– The 26 songs of “Campioni” will be heard for the second time. The results are determined 100% by the jury.
– The 4 songs of “Nuove Proposte” that qualified from the first two nights will be heard for the second time. The results will be determined by triple voting: 34% televoting, 33% jury and 33% poll jury.
SATURDAY, MARCH 6, 2021
– The 26 songs “Campioni” will be heard for the third and last time. The results will be determined by 100% televoting.
*NOTE: the results throughout the previous 4 days Sanremo 2021 will be taken into account to determine the top 3.
– The top3 will then be voted for from scratch by the triple vote: 34% televoting, 33% jury and 33% poll committee.
– Any of the 26 “Campioni” and 8 “Nuove Proposte (and their respective record labels) who are interested in going to Eurovision 2021 should fill out a special form about the competition.
The winner is automatically considered to represent Italy at Eurovision Song Contest 2021 in Rotterdam, The Netherlands.
However, the winner still has the first refusal in this matter, and in case they do not accept their right to represent Italy in Rotterdam, then the organizing committee of Sanremo 2021 will choose another participant in the competition, according to its own criteria, by the artists who will have signed the declaration of interest for Eurovision.
Sanremo 2021 starts from 2nd of March till final night 6th of March. Will you be watching? Let us know in the comments below!