The Albanian broadcaster RTSH has revealed the rules and submission window for the upcoming edition of Festivali I këngës. The broadcaster invites all artists to participate in the next edition, which most likely will be held in December. All songs must be submitted on 1 and 2 October 2020.
All submissions for the upcoming Festivali I Këngës must include:
1. The final version of the song sung in 16 bit wave format 44.1 khz.
2. Final version of orchestral base with backvocal in wave 16 bit 44.1 khz format.
3. Final version of orchestral without backvocal in wave 16 bit 44.1 khz format.
4. The Vocal Party (with grades) of the song accompanied by the relevant text to every measure.
5. The full sheet music of the song in grades (transferring) that will be executed live, for all orchestral formation of the Festival (symphonic orchestra + band).
6. MIDI FILE version of the song.
7. Full lyrics.
8. Photo of the singer if they are a participant for the first time in the Festival.
9. A short artistic biography of the singer (activity, participation, prices etc).
Arilena Ara won last year’s edition of the festival, and was set to represent Albania in Eurovison 2020. At the moment it is still unclear if Arilena will be internally selected to represent Albania at Eurovision 2021, or if she will have to fight to represent Albania in 2021.
Albania joined the Eurovision in 2004, when the contest was held in Istanbul, passing 7th in the final. 7 out of their 16 participations sadly failed to qualify. Rona Nishliu managed to get 5th place with 146 points in 2012, which is their best place to date. Since joining the contest, Albania has always used ‘Festivali I Këngës’ to select their Eurovision entrant. Arilena Ara was selected to represent Albania in 2020 before the contest got cancelled.
Are you hoping for Arilena Ara to come back to Eurovision 2021? Let us know in the comments down below!