Maltese broadcaster PBS have launched their selection process for Junior Eurovision 2021, thus confirming that Malta will be participating in the upcoming contest in Paris. They will use Malta Junior Eurovision Song Selection 2021 to find their act for the contest.
Malta Junior Eurovision Song Selection 2021 will compromise of one televised show, in which the winner will be decided by an even mix of televote and jury vote. Details of who will be on the jury panal have yet to be announced.
- All interested persons must be between the ages of 9 and 14 as of December 19th, 2021
- All interested persons must be Maltese nationals
- Each act can include up to a maximum of 6 people
- Each song must be between 2 minutes 30 and 3 minutes
- All songs must be original and cannot have been commercially released or performed prior to May 1st, 2021, and can be in either Maltese or English
The songs submissions have opened today (July 26th) and will close on September 5th. From all of the submissions, PBS will shortlist 12 acts to go through to the televised final, due to be broadcast on October 9th. The finalists will be revealed on September 19th. Online/televoting will open at the beginning of October. You can apply here.
Malta becomes the 12th country to confirm their participation for Junior Eurovision 2021. They will join France, Georgia, Germany, Ireland, North Macedonia, Poland, Portugal, Russia, The Netherlands, Spain and Ukraine in Paris, France for the 19th edition of contest. Albania, Australia, Kazakhstan and Serbia have yet to confirm whether they will be returning.
Are you excited to see Malta confirming their participation for Junior Eurovision 2021? Which other countries would you like to see participating? Let us know in the comments below!