Here is who is still in contention to represent Latvia in Turin!
Who will be Samanta Tina’s successor? Tonight, Latvia has chosen its 10 acts to carry on to the final next Saturday! Listed below are all the 17 finalists, including those who qualified for the final, highlighted in bold.
- Citi ZÄni – Eat Your Salad
- Miks Dukurs – First Love
- Linda RuÅ¡eniece – Pay My Own Bills
- ElÄ«na Gluzunova – Es pabiju tur
- Raum – Plans
- Patriks Peterson – Can’t Get You Outta My Head
- MÄs JÅ«s MÄ«lam – Rich Itch
- KatÅ – Promises
- Miks Galvanovskis – I’m Just a Sinner
- Markus Riva – If You’re Gonna Love Me
- The Coco’nuts – The Coco’nuts
- Aminata – I’m Letting You Go
- Bermudu DivstÅ«ris – Bad
- Beatrise Heislere – On the way home
- Zelma – How
- BujÄns – He, She, You & Me
- Inspo – A Happy Place
This semi final did not go without drama however. Former Eurovision contestant Aminata had to perform from home due to her developing symptoms of Covid-19 and herself needing to isolate as a result.Â
The Supernova final will take place on Saturday 12th February and the act with the most votes will represent Latvia in Turin in May.
Latvia in Eurovision
Since debuting in the 2000 contest, Latvia has never missed a contest. In 2002 Marie N won the contest with her song I Wanna. Some of Latviaâs memorable entries include Wolves Of The Sea (2008), Love Injected (2015) and Heartbeat (2016). Samanta Tina was chosen as Latviaâs representative for Eurovision 2020, before the contest got cancelled. For 2021, Samanta Tina was been internally selected to represent Latvia again in Rotterdam, she placed 17th with 14 points. This year in Turin, Latvia will be performing in the 1st half of the 1st Semi Final on the 10th May 2021.
Are you happy with the results? Tell us in the comments below!